I finally got around to updating my website to something a little more usable.
I've gotten rid of the wordpress instance at /blog/ and instead opted to build
everything myself to make things a little more consistent.
The first thing I did was separate my navbar and footer into header and footer
php files so that I can update them from one place. I then changed some code so
that all my pages use the same CSS file.
For the blog, I was tempted to use a pre-existing solution, but decided against
it, instead, opting for a light-weight flat-file blog structure using PHP and
a library called Parsedow. I'm using the PHP glob function to read files from a
directory, then using Parsedown to parse them into html. To keep track of pages,
I'm using array_slice.